Alternative flash content
Microsoft Xbox 360 was named on Monday TV Innovator of the Year at the prestigious 2012 TV Innovation Awards ceremony, presided over by IMS Research. Microsoft won the On Demand Category for upgrades to its Xbox 360 console including partnerships with over 40 new TV and entertainment providers, as well as delivering entertainment voice search functionality with Bing on Xbox.
Microsoft beat 13 other category winners to take the ultimate ‘winner of winners’ accolade in the third annual ceremony, at the Monte Carlo Resort and Casino in Las Vegas. The award was presented to Jose Pinero, Xbox LIVE senior director of PR for Microsoft IEB by IMS Research president Ian Weightman.
The 2012 TV Innovation Awards are one of the premier endorsements of innovation in television and recognize the most forward- thinking companies creating products and services that are changing the way people watch television.
This year, there are 14 TV Innovation Awards presented, and each award category was judged by a completely independent expert panel, and the winners of each category are then judged against each other to decide the overall TV Innovator of the Year.
Category winners are:
• 3DTV - Samsung Electronics America - Plasma D8000 Series Smart TV
• Advanced User Interface - NDS - Snowflake
• Audio Experience – dbx-tv - Total Sonics + Total Cal
• Content Protection - Verimatrix - Verimatrix MultiRights
• Content Storage - thePlatform - mpx
• Home Networking - Quantenna Communications, Inc.- Quantenna QHS710 802.11n 4x4 Four-Stream MIMO Chipset
• Immersive TV - LG Electronics - LG Electronics BH9420PW CINEMA 3D Sound Blu-ray Home Theater
• Interactive TV - Hillcrest Labs - Scoop Pointer
• Mobile TV - MobiTV - Television at your fingertips: TV on-the-go
• On Demand - Microsoft - Xbox 360 Teams Up With Entertainment Leaders to Transform TV
• Semiconductors - Quantenna Communications, Inc. - Quantenna QHS710 802.11n 4x4 Four-Stream MIMO Chipset
• Set Top Box - Ocean Blue Software - Talk@TV
• TV Design - Samsung Electronics America - LED D8000 Series Smart TV
• TV Performance - Samsung Electronics America - Plasma D8000 Series Smart TV
• Innovator of the Year - Microsoft - Xbox 360 Teams Up With Entertainment Leaders to Transform TV
Award Ceremony and Cocktail Party will take place from 7:00 PM on January 9th at the Monte Carlo Resort & Casino in Las Vegas
Advanced User Interface
ActiveVideo Networks - CloudTV Powered Navigational Mosaic
NDS - NDS Snowflake
SeaChange International - Nitro Multiscreen Video Subscriber Experience Software
AirTies Wireless Networks - Air 4420 TV Product
Bridge Technologies - microVB digital media monitoring probe
Quantenna Communications, Inc.- Quantenna QHS710 802.11n 4x4 Four-Stream MIMO Chipset
LG Electronics - LG Electronics BH9420PW CINEMA 3D Sound Blu-ray Home Theater
Movea - MoveTV
SRS Labs - Multi Dimensional Audio (MDA)
Actiontec Electronics - MyWirelessTV
Logitech - Logitech Harmony Link
MobiTV - Television at your fingertips: TV on-the-go powered by MobiTV
Harmonic Inc.- Harmonic ProMedia Suite for High-Quality Multiscreen Video Services
Microsoft - Xbox 360 Teams Up With Entertainment Leaders to Transform TV
Anevia - ViaMotion multiscreen OTT live and on-demand video solution
Entropic Communications - MoCA 2.0
Silicon Labs - Si2185 TV Receiver
Quantenna Communications, Inc. - Quantenna QHS710 802.11n 4x4 Four-Stream MIMO Chipset
Now in its third year, the Awards have grown to become one of the premier endorsements of innovation in television. They are administered by IMS Research, and according to its President, Ian Weightman: “One of the main reasons that the TV Innovation Awards have become so sought after is that each entry is judged on a completely level playing field. This ensures that companies, ranging from the biggest names in consumer electronics to innovative start-ups, can measure objectively how their products stack-up against those of their competitors.”
The winner of the Innovator of the Year Award will be announced on January 9th at the IMS Research at CES Cocktail Party & Reception at the Monte Carlo at 7:00 PM in the East Ballroom. In addition, the winners of the 14 other categories will also be presented.
Click the below links for a full description of each category
*The TV Innovation Awards are an independent property that is produced by and a registered trademark of IMS Research. The International Consumer Electronics Show is produced by and a mark of the Consumer Electronics Association.